Posts for: October, 2018
Your confidence is of the utmost importance, and your Annapolis, MD, dentists, Drs. Louis, John, and Michael Ruland, can help boost your self-esteem through cosmetic dentistry! Here are some of their offered procedures that can help aesthetic appeal and improve functionality.
Crowns are porcelain-like caps that are placed over a damaged or severely discolored tooth. To create them, your dentist takes an impression of your teeth and sends them to a lab where custom crowns are made just for you. In the meantime though, you'll be given a temporary crown. The dental crown reinforces the tooth and allows it to withstand various degrees of pressure, meaning you can enjoy eating without the worry of ruining your tooth.
Crowns are used for several procedures, such as covering dental implants and stained teeth.
Dental Implants are state-of-the-art installations that are used to fix gaps in your smile. The process of getting a dental implant is straightforward:
- Your dentist applies local anesthesia to the problem area and removes any remnants of the old tooth.
- A titanium post is placed in the jawbone.
- The dentist will surgically seal the area and give you a temporary crown.
- The titanium post will need to osseointegrate, which takes three to six months. This process simply entails that the titanium post will fuse with the bone, therefore giving your jaw support and strength.
- After those few months, you'll go back to your doctor where they will re-open the area and attach an abutment and a permanent crown that matches the rest of your teeth.
Your Annapolis dentist provides a convenient in-office procedure that doesn't take long. They apply gel with high-concentration of hydrogen peroxide on your teeth for a few minutes and, if necessary, a laser is used to speed up the process. The gel may be removed then reapplied to your teeth several times throughout the one-hour treatment.
Dental Bonding and Reshaping:
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, are used during dental bonding and reshaping procedures. The composite resin that matches the color of your teeth is applied and molded to the right shape then the composite is hardened using a curing light.
Dental bonding can fix issues such as:
- Chips and cracks
- Discolored and stained teeth
- Short teeth
If you have any questions or concerns, call your Annapolis, MD, dentists, Drs. Louis, John, and Michael Ruland at (410) 268-5800 today!